Gas Supervisor – Large Diameter – London
Are you looking for a new challenge in gas mains replacement? We have exciting opportunities to get involved with large diameter project works.
KLT has been awarded an ongoing work stack of large diameter gas main replacement and are looking for Supervision to support our engineering teams undertaking these complex works. While experience in large diameter projects would be advantageous, if you confident, motivated and have a desire to develop, we will support you in this rewarding field.
The Supervisor will be responsible for the site management and coordination of personnel/ contractors, customer liaison and technical support of large diameter projects in accordance with design directions across the London area.
- Ensure that projects are planned, managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, compliance, customer excellence and commercial control
- Undertake site inspections of projects focusing on the safe, compliant delivery of all activities in progress and quality of work completed, taking the appropriate action where necessary to address weaknesses or failings
- Ensure Operatives possess the correct and current qualifications and competencies to allow them to undertake the relevant work activities
- Ensure that communications are delivered effectively so that Operatives have an understanding of company/ personal objectives, standards of service and performance. Deliver as appropriate toolbox talks, safety briefings and team briefs
To be successful within this role you will have:
- Previous supervisor experience, managing teams
- Gas supervisory experience
- Ability to lead on site and drive performance
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, safety and statutory regulations
- Experience of specialist engineering techniques, i.e. Auger, HDD, Pipe Jacking
Qualifications required for the role:
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Utility SHEA Gas Safety Passport
- SCO 1, 2, 4 and 5 (desirable)
- Temporary Works Appointed Person (desirable)