Job Position: Gas Supervisor
The Gas Supervisor is responsible for the management and supervision of the KLT Construction on-site installation of the gas networks to the required standards. He/she maintains records and evidence to demonstrate the networks are fit for purpose. The Gas Supervisor is responsible to the Contracts Manager for the purposes of contractual management.
- To be responsible for the day to day safe operations of all gas teams
- To be responsible to the Contract Manager
- To work safely at all times and ensure safety of all those working around them
- To prepare programmes of work
- To work in accordance with KLT contract specific operational procedures
- To ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with KLT Health and safety, quality and environment procedures
- To ensure that all site specific risk assessments are completed
- To carry out toolbox talks as required
- To carry out technical audits on each team in line with the audit regime and in accordance with the KLT audit procedures
- To ensure that all on-site works are carried out in accordance with KLT method statements and risk assessments
- To ensure maintenance and quality of the contract specific project Certification and Completion Files
- To implement, manage and monitor all KLT contract specific documentation
- To undertake Safety Technical Competency evaluation of the Team Leader and Operatives (if deemed competent to carry out) and ensure that all personnel on site have been evaluated under the company Safety Technical Competency procedure.
- To act as Competent Person or Authorising Engineer as required and if assessed as competent to do so.
- To manage Routine Operations in accordance with contract specific procedures and maintain documentation as required.
- To ensure all statutory notifications for street works are in place prior to commencement of any works
- Evaluate work orders and determine equipment and material requirements to safely execute operational activities in accordance with relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- To represent KLT in a professional manner at all times
- To understand role as part of the tRIIO Strategic Partnership
- To work closely with the client to ensure customer satisfaction
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Relevant qualifications may include Gas Network Engineering Management NVQ Level 4 (GNEM) or Network Construction Operations NCO (Gas).
Relevant operational experience (5 – 10 years) in the gas industry
Possible SCO1,2,4 & 5 qualifications as CP or AE
Salary: Competitive rate